Thursday, July 21, 2005

of airlines and other basic transportation

Well, I'm leaving for Los Angeles today. Why I'm going has a somewhat complex answer, so don't ask. The short version? I'm going to pick up my grandmother's car and drive it back to El Paso.

I am fully equiped with 3 books, 4 pairs of underwair, a few other miscellaneous clothes and enough cash to bribe at least one city official (at least, it's enough according to Anne).

In any case, I fly out there today and drive back on Sunday. It should be a rather interesting experience.

But, if any of my few readers are wondering where I am the next few days, you can't say I didn't warn you.

4 comments:

r.fuel said...

The answer doesn't seem that complex to me, and I know the whole story. You are going to pick up a car and drive it back. There are reasons why the car is by itself in Los Angeles that take a little more explaining, but those aren't the reason you're going.

Anyway, keep in mind that Anne does not live in Los Angeles, and rates vary according to state and city codes, as well as the price of a vacation home in Malibu.

Anonymous said...

Rates also vary according to infraction. Erasing a DUI costs more than erasing a speeding ticket.

Then again, if you get a ticket in a distant state, who cares?

Anonymous said...

just act like the traffic signs and signals have some immediate relevance to your life and you don't have to carry the extra cash

r.fuel said...

are you ever coming home, or what?