Wednesday, July 20, 2005

ha ha, DEATH!

So, after eating a late dinner and finally deciding to head for my wonderful bed, I was reading The Screwtape Letters to wind down.

I finally decided that I was ready to fall asleep and so I went to brush my teeth before hitting the hay. It was about the moment I stepped into my bathroom that I realized that I might be running a fever (this was the only solution I could think of as hot flashes tend to happen to post-menopausal women, being a twentysomething male, hot flashes seemed to be an unlikely explanation).

Oh well, I was going to be anyway. I was hoping I could sleep it off. A few moments later, however, I realized what was really going on. My stomach started cramping and I was feeling a bit queasy. I quickly figured out that falling asleep would be a larger problem than I originally planned.

I went to bed anyway. I actually fell asleep. Of course, I woke up 30 minutes later with a distinct impression that I needed to visit the little boys room again. After having no progress in that area, I decided to try to sleep a bit more.

I woke up an hour later. I decided that I would Google "Food Poisoning Symptoms." This was very informative (probably a bit more informative than a worry-wart needs at 1:30 in the morning). I concluded that I probably had food poisoning. I did not think that it was something to go to the hospital for, seeing as how I was not yet bleeding out my eyes.

Then, much to my surprise, I was able to fall asleep again. (This was the only obvious thing to do, seeing as how I'd rather go to the hospital when I parents are going to pay for it.)

And that brings up the curious part. The remainder of the night was filled with some of the most restful sleep I've had in days.

What the hell is wrong with my body? Does that make sense to anyone?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

was it the mu shu chiken?

maybe you used too much ginger

r.fuel said...

Haha... eye bleeding. Trust me, it's not good.

Anonymous said...

bleeding out of the eyes -- definitely time to drop the home remedies and seek professional medical help

Anonymous said...

actually the whole thing makes sense to me. you weren't sick. you were carrying someone else's illness. the question is who?

Joe Fuel said...

actually, i was afraid that might have been the case. hmm... i guess we'll just have to find out.

Anonymous said...

The Great Divorce is even better than the Screwtape Letters....