Monday, April 24, 2006

A bit of whining

Oh my my my. I've spent the last couple of hours working on a paper for my Arabic class. I'm currently sifting through material on two Arabic poets.

Last night, I spent four hours of my life gathering as much information as possible. Some of it useful, most of it, however, was not.

The problem with writing a paper like this is that it sucks the life out of me. My brain can't function after a certain point and I'm just tired of thinking.

Unfortunately, two of my classmates and I are supposed to present this paper to the class on Thursday. This assignment is supposed to be ten pages long. I have now compiled eight pages of actual subject matter and about three pages of poems in Arabic that I'll basically throw into the paper to take up space.

When it's all said and done, I will most certainly have put the bulk of the effort into this monumental waste of time. But I'm alright with that, because it means that we'll all be getting A's on this paper. I'd rather do more of the work and ensure that I'll have a good grade than leave this to the hands of someone else.

I'll be okay. I'm just going to need a lot of rest once this week is over...

------------
Daily Ditty:
John Butler Trio - Betterman

2 comments:

Joe Fuel said...

Jude - www.statcounter.com

Anonymous said...

I love donuts!!! But I am allergic to dough. Cowboy butts drive me nuts!