Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Excuses/Explanations/BS

Again, I must apologize. It has been far too long since I posted anything worthwhile here. I'm a bit of a slacker in that regard.

Allow me to explain myself and make a few announcements.

Things that have taken the bulk of my time and thus robbed any fans of their probably unneccessary "Joe-fix."

1) Work. Since finals have ended, I've been working at least 8 hours a day. Normally it's closer to 9. Once or twice, I've worked 13 hours in one day. It's been a little busy.

2) Weddings. Seriously, if I am involved in another wedding within the next 6 months, I might never get married myself. Three weddings in three weeks. I was the DJ at one and a groomsman at the other two. I understand that it should be an honor, but it's hard to see that aspect of it when you're as tired as I am.

3) Housing. Our lease agreement at this apartment complex ends July 31st. We've been looking for a house and we might have actually found one this time. Keep your fingers crossed.

4) Outreach. In roughly two weeks and five hours, I will be departing from this fine country to lead three other people on a trip to Hong Kong and China. As you might imagine, I've been a little held up trying to sort out details and get everything prepared as best I can.


Things that I feel I should share:

1) I have a new iPod. It's a beautiful thing. To be honest, it's a bit difficult to let it out of my sight. If, say, some wonderful friend(s)would like to send me music for said iPod, I would be forever indebted. So, has anyone ever wanted to have a college student indebted to them? (Besides banks and credit card companies, that is.)

2) I need some sleep. If anyone knows of a good way to stop time so I can sleep and still accomplish everything I need to, don't hold out on me now...


Friends and family, thank you for your time.

J.F.

-------------
Daily Ditty:
The Honorary Title - Cut Short

2 comments:

Chickie said...

You should have plenty of good blog fodder after your trip to the Orient.

Have you ever considered blogging in the bathroom? I don't but if one were pressed for time and had adoring fans that he wanted to keep updated it might not be a bad idea.

Anonymous said...

The Bathrooom Blogger -- it has a ring to it