Tuesday, January 03, 2006

No boredom here

Friends, I write this post from Denver, Colorado.

I'm here at a four-star hotel with Campus Crusade for Christ. This week there is a conference for students from about 7 states.

Luke and I drove up from El Paso on Sunday morning at around 2:30 AM. Ten hours later, we arrived in Denver. Luke and I found the suite for the video production team. Luke walked in and introduced himself. I was introduced as well.

You see, Luke was asked to be on the video crew for the conference. I was planning on simply attending the conference like I've done the past two years. However, the conference didn't start until Monday, so I simply hung around and helped where I could. After a couple of hours, I was asked to officially join the video team. Naturally, I agreed.

It's been busy but fun. You have to understand that I like to help people out. So, I've probably offered my services too much and subsequently put myself into some rather tight situations. Tonight, however, I'm free to get to bed whenever I want to.

At any rate, I'm feeling rather proud of myself at the moment. One of those tight situations I was talking about was taking charge of the "unfair edit" for one of our main speakers. The general idea is to sort through the footage from their teachings, messages, speeches, whatever and rearrange words and phrases into something more.... humorous and outrageous. Generally, you bastardize the lecture and make the speaker look like an ass.

I must confess, Robert was responsible for the unfair edit for the exact same speaker last year. So, I kind of wanted to see if I could at least compete with Robert's hilarious unfair edit.

It took six or seven hours of work to complete this project. But folks, I'm proud of it. I'm going to see about posting it on Luke's website for you to see. But that will have to wait until we get back home.

This was the first video I have been completely responsible for. And it was shown to a few thousand college students to introduce the same speaker. I was nervous. REALLY NERVOUS. But, all is well. The crowd laughed. Lots.

Now, I'm not going to say I've out-done my brother on this one. I wouldn't be so stupid. But, I will say that I believe I've done a great job with it and other people have told me the same.

--------------------

Thanks Robert, for your advice. It was extremely helpful.

--------------------
Daily Ditty:
Delirious - Fires Burn

1 comment:

r.fuel said...

Happy to help. And I'm sure that you outdid me. Can't wait to see it.