Monday, December 19, 2005

Fashionably Late

Alright friends, I know I've been slacking it. I apologize. But we have a lot of catching up to do, so I'm moving on.
----------------------

The Final Report on the Finals:

Evolution - B
Statistics - B*
Microbiology - A
Microbiology Lab - A
Arabic - Passed**

Adventures in Dumpster Diving:

On Friday, I was throwing away some boxes into the dumpster outside my office (only office supplies are tossed in there). As I leaned over the edge of the dumpster, I saw these babies...

Five, count 'em five, 4-square-feet panels of sound-proofing material, just like the stuff covering one wall of my office. Luke has asked me a few times to rip the panels off my wall and give him the sound-proofing, to no avail. But, this is a rare opportunity. So, I lept inside the dumpster, took those bad boys out, and brought them home. Merry Christmas, Luke.


And now, for the much anticipated...

Martha-like behavior:

Luke and I have been wanting to re-vamp the lighting in our living room for a while. On Saturday, we began to finally do something about it. We had a few separate projects.

I posted a while ago that we've built and upholstered a riser for one of our couches. This gives us theater-style seating that just happens to be REALLY comfortable.

Luke's part of the lighting "remix" was to somehow shine light on the wall behind one of the couches. We used halogen lights that could be easily mounted to the wall. This, folks, was all Luke's idea and pure genious in my opinion.

My part of the project was really only the beginning of a larger plan. I intend to create a lounge area where our "dining room" is. I refuse to give details on that just yet. However, I was certain that putting in new lighting was necessary.

So, I came up with a plan. Using Christmas*** lights and an off-white fabric, I created something that I have trouble naming (suggestions are welcome). However, I think it looks awesome.

We also decided to replace the ugly fixture that would sit over the dining room and replaced it with something more resplendent.

I guess that all of this is to say that I'm going to have to admit it. I like interior decoration. I'm not sure why, but I do. I hope that doesn't make me sound gay.....



Other Items:


Aimee posted a cookie recipe.
I've posted another recipe.
Robert posted this on Friday. I think it's hilarious.

----------------------
* - I was 5.5 points short of an A, 5.5 out of 550. That is the suck.
** - I took the class Pass/Fail.
*** - They're Christmas lights. Not "Holiday lights."

-----------------
Daily Ditty:
Ringside - Tired of Being Sorry

7 comments:

Chickie said...

Congratulations on the grades!

I think the unnamed light thingy looks awesome! Liking interior decorating doesn't make you gay - it makes you civilized :)

anaglyph said...

Chickie's right! Nice look, and well done on the grades.

Anonymous said...

Um. . .why does Luke need soundproofing?

r.fuel said...

Anne, it's not what you think.

Joe Fuel said...

Anne - Luke makes videos. Sometimes he needs to record voice-overs and such. However, the walls in our apartment are thin and sound-proofing would be helpful in making sure that Luke has a clear recording.

Anonymous said...

at least that's what Luke says he does

Anonymous said...

*whew*

I thought maybe you had dismembered bodies stored underneath that riser.