Friday, September 02, 2005

So many emotions, so little time.

I know I haven't posted in a while. That's because this week has been kind of hectic. I'll give you a short description of what's happened.
-----------------------

1. I finally worked up the testicular fortitude to talk to the cute girl in my Arabic class. I probably shouldn't have. She said she wants to be an "Egyptologist." I think she's making up that career, but you can bet you a** that I didn't tell her that.

2. My boss confirmed that I'm being moved to a new position in the computer labs. It comes with more pay. And my own desk (at least, that's the way they've made it sound). And I choose my own hours. This is going to be swell.

3. My roommate (Larry) and I are going to be filming a wedding on Sunday. It's going to be a lot of work. But they're paying us a lot of money. So, I'm cool with that. Rob's going to be the photographer at the wedding. And he's responsible for getting me such a sweet gig. Aimee's responsible too. But if anything goes wrong, I'm blaming them (mainly because I hate having to take the blame myself).

4. I got back from a quick workout session at the gym yesterday. I took my fabulous iPod out of my pocket. I wept. Why? Because I managed to break the screen. There will be morning, I assure you. It's even more lugubrious because I found out today that Anaglyph has a CD out on iTunes. That's the second one I've broken. Apple should hire me to do their durability testing.

5. If you have to wake up early on a Friday morning, to go to a job you are verily tired of, nothing seems very beautiful. My alarm went off this morning. I woke up and looked out my window. The sun was rising. It is a cloudly morning here. So, it would have been gorgeous, if I hadn't had to wake up so darned early to see it.

6. Despite waking up early and crushing my iPod, I'm still pretty peachy today. I guess that's what long conversations with good friends will do.

7. A friend of mine (Vance Carifeno) pointed something out last night. You can take just about any word, add an "ed" on the end, and it's a synonym for getting drunk. Sloshed. Toasted. Glassed. McGuyvered. See what I'm saying?


----------
Daily Ditty:
Perpetual Ocean - Limes

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dittied. Pissed. How about El Paso-ed? or Tucson-ed? or eat-ed?
Aw, it doesn't work. Except "broccoli-ed" probably would work.

Joe Fuel said...

Ok, Pissed definitely works. El Pasoed actually might. But, the theory may require a bit of fine tuning.

Anonymous said...

How sweet you are to link me.

r.fuel said...

McGuyvered.

Hahahaha. I love it.

Also, I'm sorry to hear you won't be filming the wedding. I was looking forward to the company.

r.fuel said...

I forgot:

I'm proud of you. You get your date on.

I will weep for your iPod. There's speculation, however, that Apple is announcing an iPod price drop next week, so maybe a color screen is in your future.

You're so clever with your name changes. At least, I think I know who you're talking about.

Joe Fuel said...

anne, all in due time. besides, i have linked to in the past, if you do recall.

Anonymous said...

(mourning?) how about drunked?

anaglyph said...

Plastered? Lacquered? Wallpapered? Shellacked? Rendered? Veneered? Renovating terms seem to work well...

Thanks for the plug for my CD Joe, I'm glad you like it. Since it's selling so well I might open a bottle of that single-malt and get well and truly scumbled.

Anonymous said...

scumbled works. bumbled.

Anonymous said...

I do indeed.

Go get the cute girl in your Arabic class before she changes majors. 'Cause she's gonna.