Monday, September 26, 2005

Shameless copying

Well, I've just read Anaglyph's post on the smells present in his house. And I've thought a bit about it. And I'm stealing his idea.

I'm not such a big fan of smells. My nose is a bit sensitive and normally, most scents are too strong for me to handle and I get a headache.

I am a HUGE fan of sound though. (Of course, given his line of work, I'm sure that Anagylph is too.)

When I was five years old, I had to have an ear surgery. Now, the accounts differ a bit, but my mother tells me that the surgery was to rebuild the eardrum in my right ear.

After such a surgery, I am quite determined to keep my ears working properly as long as I can.

I've always enjoyed my hearing. I love music and I always will. I have been a sound technician with Campus Crusade for Christ for years now. But here's how it all breaks down in my apartment.

My roommate Luke and I seem to share quite a bit when it comes to our taste in music. But beyond that, we both love to see how we can use technology to create and enjoy music.

In our apartment, we have a piece of equipment that is very dear to my heart, the Apple Airport Express. Sure, it is a wireless router, but it does so much more. It allows any person on our network to stream music through iTunes to my surround sound system in the living room.

I also have a surround sound system in my bedroom. I'm a big fan of being enveloped in whatever I'm listening to.

So, this is just to inform you that I love music. Still, I think that my favorite sound in the world is my dad's voice. He's a big guy. He's about 3 or 4 inches taller than me. But there's something about that deep voice of his that just put me at ease. You guys really have no idea. You're just missing out if you haven't met my dad.

Well, Anaglyph, I salute you. Dad, much love to you, sir.

------------
Daily Ditty:
Relient K - Getting Into You

4 comments:

anaglyph said...

I forgot to tell you - I got the new DCC 'Plans' last week and am enjoying it. Also through my Airport -> hifi link

:-)

Joe Fuel said...

Awesome. I'm REALLY glad you like it. I think it's their best yet!

Anonymous said...

"Luke, I am your father". Thanks. My guess would be that Lady does not share your sentiment.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I agree, Dads voice is so booming that its soothing. I love you too dad.