Sunday, September 25, 2005

need a little help.

Here's the deal.

Last time I posted about this girl, it had all been going so well. Over the past 2 weeks or so, I have left 4 messages on her cell phone. She has not called me back.

It's driving me crazy and I don't know what to do.

Granted, she plays volleyball. And since the night we went out, there have been 4 or 5 volleyball games. All of them have been out of town.

I understand that she is probably really busy. That's totally understandable. I just have no idea what to do from here.

So, I am once again asking for your help.

Would it seem that she's just avoiding me?

There's a volleyball game on Thursday and one on Saturday, should I go to one and try to talk to her there?

What the heck should I do?

(I'm sorry if this makes me sound like a clueless moron. But I really am a clueless moron. So, please, just help the village idiot out, alright?)

-------------
Daily Ditty:
Anberlin - Naive Orleans

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. This is not good.

Chickie said...

To avoid the impression of being stalkerish, I'd say stay away from the volleyball game.

Joe Fuel said...

Chickie - That's what I figured, but I wanted some confirmation on that one.

Anne - You're not helping...

jdennis115 said...

Well before you call her next time I would have a plan ready, like a party to go to.
That way you seem like you want to let her in on something instead of seeming...how do I say it...needy.
If there is ANYTHING I have learned about women it is that they don't like needy people.
I have fallen into this trap before.
Your homework is to watch SWINGERS and pay particular attention to the part where he meets the girl at a bar and leaves messages on her phone the next day. Don't be that guy.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Joe. I'm with Chickie and Erik. Maybe wait a while and try again, but in the meantime, maybe keep looking around.

Joe Fuel said...

Dennis - I watched Swingers last week, actually. I own it. I agree with you. And I'm doing what I can to not look like a creepy/needy guy. Thanks for the help.

anaglyph said...

Concur with the others. She's got your messages, you can be sure. Leave it a while, send another non-confrontational 'hello, was thinking of you, what's up' and if she doen't reply then it's probably (sadly for you) one you'll have to let go...

Anonymous said...

Go to the games, but leave right at the end and don't waive to her or acknowledge her in any way, except to yell out right before she serves: "I love you, [her name]! I want to marry you!" That is sure to get her. Promise.