Tuesday, September 13, 2005

lamb, chicken, and rice

I just got back from a late-night workout session and thought I would leave this until the morning. But, I'm fairly excited, so I'll write this now. Plus, I promised to keep you (my friends) informed:
--------------------------------------

She and I went out this evening. I took her to a Greek and Arabic food place that I enjoy. She said she had never eaten anything like this before.

Perfect, I thought. If she's willing to try new foods, she's already panning out to be a wonderful woman.

So, the conversation is a bit awkward. But, that's pretty much what I expected, given that we were just meeting each other. Yet, we enjoyed our meal and talked for a while. There were quite a few things said. It was nice.

She told me that her friends had said she was too trusting of me. (I personally would tend to agree.) And she confided in me that they had set up an escape plan of sorts for her in case I started freaking her out.

1. She never reached for her cell phone. (Good sign)
2. She seemingly felt comfortable enough with me to reveal her escape plan. (I'll take that as a good sign.)


I took care of the check and began to walk her to her car.

She says, "Joe, thanks. I had a great time and would love it if you would call me again."

3. Score! (I may not be the best at understanding the fairer sex, but I'm darned sure that's a good thing to hear.)

"Sure, I'd be more that happy to give you a call."

-----------------------------------
Well, I'm tired and worn. But I sure am happy.


---------------
Daily Ditty:
Jamie Cullum - Twentysomething

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo' dawg!

Anonymous said...

considering some of the stuff that's happened in that town, she probably was too trusting; give me her number, I'll help her plan the escape route for the next date.

Joe Fuel said...

hm... that's sounds just about as odd as your suggestion to rob 7-11s

Anonymous said...

Im so proud of my little joe, all grown up and such.

Joe Fuel said...

You might want to be cautious of what you say. Your girlfriend didn't seem to approve of what I did.

r.fuel said...

I'm very glad to hear that the date went well. You shouldn't be surprised, though. I'm not..

Anonymous said...

Way to go, stud! When do we get to meet this young lady?

anaglyph said...

You're doin' good. Keep it relaxed. You'll be fine.

Chickie said...

Yay, Joe! I'm glad it went well.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you did great, and she sounds absolutely wonderful. I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

anne, thanks for the advice. my guess is Jose never would have gone for it if you had not encouraged him.

Anonymous said...

Well, I was just being honest. I've never understood "playing it cool". I like guys who seem to like me.

jdennis115 said...

Get 'em champ. At least you have put a stop to to that little run of self doubt. Now that you have some confidence the rest is cartwheels and lollipops.