Friday, August 05, 2005

oh good, awkwardness

So, I was just walking around this computer lab pushing in chairs. You know, just doing my job.

I noticed one of my coworkers was sitting at a computer close to me, so I decided to make a simple comment.

"Working hard?"

This is where everything got very confusing. I was standing next to some random girl and across from my coworker.

My coworker quickly responded, "Oh, you know it."

The girl next me ALSO responded, "Yeah, something like that."

-----------------------------------------

I suppose I had a few options,

1. I could reply, "Sorry, madam, I wasn't speaking to you. However, I'm sure you are WORTH talking to. I am not trying to imply that you are somehow not worth my time. I'm not trying to say that at all. Although, just to alleviate any confusion, I was addressing my coworker seated across the desk."

2. Or, I could repond "Oh hey! That's awkward."

3. Or, I could say nothing at all and just look like some lame guy trying to hit on a girl in a computer lab.

----------------------------------------

I chose to remain silent. Although, I'm not quite sure why.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the girl worth hitting on?

r.fuel said...

Joey, Joe, Joe... She knew that you were talking to your coworker, and she wanted in! She totally digs (dug) you. You should have pursued it.

Anonymous said...

i would have chosen #1