Wednesday, August 03, 2005

of mexican food and large mammals

Well, last night my roommates and I made tacos. OK, I say "roommates." I actually mean "roommate," singular. The other roommate didn't do much but eat.

In any case, the tacos turned out great. My roommate also made some salsa from scratch, it was perfect. The evening was going very well.

A friend of mine showed up with his girlfriend and her dog, Max. Everyone, meet Max.

I'm not saying that my friends and their dog ruined the evening. But, I just felt that this dog deserves some credit.

Max weighs 180 lbs. Now, to put this in context, my dog, Lady Mayhem, weighs about 45 lbs. Max is actually a very sweet dog. He's also a rather dumb one. In any case, I'm not quite sure you understand how huge this dog is. So, picture number 2.

Now, just to let you guys know, I'm about 6 feet tall and have a rather large head. This dog, however, has a head that is MUCH larger than mine. Of Max's 180 lbs, I would estimate that his head weighs about 60 lbs.

So, when there is a dog Max's size sitting in your living room, what do you do? Nothing. You move very slowly. You do NOT yell. You remain very calm and pray to God that this dog doesn't see an opportunity for a free meal in your leg. or arm. or anywhere at all.

Or, you can put a saddle on him and have your kids ride him around the block.

Max, as I've found, is actually quite a watchdog. Of course, it's always handy to have a dog that can not only scare the crap out of any intruder, but eat him as well.


"woof woof, biatch."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the girlfriend is safe

Joe Fuel said...

you're dang skippy she's safe.

r.fuel said...

I love it, Joe. Very funny.

Anonymous said...

you let that dog in your living room?

i guess he didn't give you much of a choice

r.fuel said...

The dog's head may weigh 60 pounds, but that bicep of yours has gotta weigh at least like, fifteen. And a half.

Anonymous said...

Dang. Nice arms on you, boy.

Anonymous said...

freakin huge dog!!! I took those pictures, you like 'em?

Cool blog too!
-Erik