Monday, May 22, 2006

Huh?

Last Saturday, I had finished running some errands around town and needed to grab a quick bite to eat before I had to hit the road again.

I decided to pick up a chicken sandwich at one of my favorite restaurants.

I go to the drive-thru. Place my order and drive up to the window.

The girl at the window gives me my total. I hand her my debit card. And she proceeds to take the next 5 to 10 minutes charging my card.

What on earth could take so long? I know that I have enough in my bank account to cover this sandwich...

She hands me my food, my receipt, and my card. I toss it on the passenger's seat and head to my apartment to get my crap together and eat my stupid chicken sandwich.

Walking up to my apartment door, I discover why it took so effing long...



Oh. Really? Can I get fries with that?

To be honest, I'm just a little weirded out by the situation. And, as you might have guessed, I haven't been back to that particular restaurant since...

--------------
Daily Ditty:
The Raconteurs - Steady As She Goes

4 comments:

Chickie said...

You should go back and check out her friend. This might be a great story to tell your grandkids someday.

Or she might be a weirdo stalker who will vandalize your car if you reject her advances.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Chickie. No reason to be weirded out, necessarily. The girl in the hamburger shop might be the love of your life...

Anonymous said...

I agree with Chickie. No reason to be weirded out, necessarily. The girl in the hamburger shop might be the love of your life...

Anonymous said...

Aimee: you really know how to burst a bubble