Thursday, November 17, 2005

I am a freak.

I scared myself last night. That's kind of an odd point to just throw out there. But trust me on this one.

I was up really late last night. I got back from work and took a bit of a break. I got dinner and then some friends came over to study for a microbiology test we have on Friday.

Then, some friends were over to work on an Arabic project that's due today. They left around midnight.

I wasn't done yet. I spent the next two hours working on a paper for my Evolution class. And that's when it happened...

I have to read two papers of my choice that somehow relate to speciation and write a comparison of the two. I read one that was written in 2001, fine. I started reading the second one, written in 1997.

I thought I might have had a huge problem. You see, the two papers didn't seem to have a whole bunch in common. I was getting very nervous.

But I kept going, it was too late to stop. I got to the last paragraph in the paper and I got a bit excited. You see, they suddenly fit like peas in a pod. More accurately, they were simply a natural progression.

The 2001 paper was an experiment to test the conclusion of the 1997 paper, in particular what was stated in that last paragraph.

So, why was I scared? I got incredibly excited reading a paper about speciation and mate selection in butterflies.

Do that sound as utterly nerdy to anyone else as it does to me?

---------------
Daily Ditty:
Kasabian - Cutt Off

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Joe, thats extremely nerdy, extremely. (By the way, I couldn't find that line... I'm sorry if I failed you as a brother...)

Joe Fuel said...

James - "...just because you like to destroy all the things that bring the idiots joy..."

r.fuel said...

I'll love you anyway.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but nerds are in these days. At least computer nerds. I am not sure about biology nerds.

Anonymous said...

I get really excited about doing math and physics.

anaglyph said...

That's not nerdy - that's very cool Joe. The world is full of marvels. Congratulations!

Chickie said...

It sounds nerdy in a very endearing sort of way. I'm excited for you.